We are looking for a Communications Intern.
Working for Aqua for All means contributing to safeguarding sustainable access to water and sanitation for all, especially for people living on low incomes in Africa and Asia.
Innovation, inclusion, and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
Who we are
Aqua for All aims at bridging the service and financial gaps in the water and sanitation economy. We support water and sanitation enterprises and innovations in Africa and Asia to grow, scale up and become investment ready. We also mobilise public and private funds by de-risking investments in water and sanitation.
Who you are
- You are committed to supporting sustainable development
- You are willing to contribute to the overall Aqua for All communication efforts
- You are a University/HBO student in the Netherlands, preferably in the direction of Communications, Sustainable Development or Environmental Sciences
- You have experience with social media
- You are a good writer who can communicate complex messages in a clear, appealing way
- You are proactive, well-organised and hands-on
- You can manage working for different projects at the same time and are a team player
- You are aware and respectful of intercultural differences
- You are computer savvy, know how to use services such as Mailchimp, Survey Monkey and/or Meltwater, and to work with CMS-systems – or you are a quick learner
- You are fluent in English and can communicate (write and speak) at a professional level; proficiency in Dutch and/or French is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with issues around water, sanitation & hygiene is a substantial plus.
What we offer
- The opportunity to gain experience and a network in a dynamic, international organisation
- Room for development and bringing new ideas.
- Working in a small international team
- A small intern reimbursement
- An internship for a minimum of 5 months, starting on 1 September 2020. An earlier start date is also possible.
If you are interested, please send an email with your CV and motivation (in English) to: Janine de Laat, Communications Manager, Aqua for All: email@example.com; and Blanca Méndez, Communications Manager, Aqua for All; firstname.lastname@example.org. A writing example will be part of the selection procedure.
For questions or additional information, please contact Janine de Laat or Blanca Méndez. You can find more information on our website: www.aquaforall.org