Working for Aqua for All
After undergoing a business transformation, we are currently following an approach that better fits with our ambition of fostering an inclusive, sustainable and innovative water and sanitation economy.
Working for Aqua for All means contributing to achieving Sustainable Development Goal 6; ensuring sustainable access to water and sanitation for all.
Innovation, inclusion, and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do and in our people. We encourage personal development, new ideas, and challenging and learning from each other.
We offer competitive salaries and working conditions as well as an inspiring and empowering international working environment.
Do you want to make a difference and contribute to sustainable access to water and sanitation in Asia and Africa? Check our latest job vacancies below!
Latest Job Openings
Innovative Finance Manager (32-36 hours/week)
Aqua for All is a not-for-profit organisation working towards facilitating sustainable access to safe drinking water and good sanitation for all (Sustainable Development Goal – SDG 6). We strive to create a sustainable and inclusive water and sanitation economy worldwide. We believe innovations, scalable solutions and access to capital are instrumental to bridge the current service delivery and financial gap in the water and sanitation economy. Aqua for All bridges these gaps by supporting market-based solutions to become viable and scalable while contributing toward achieving SDG 6. With our 17 years of experience in developing and supporting market-based approaches, we support local entrepreneurs and other initiators on their journey. We offer funding, access to the expert network within the water sector, and to financiers and impact investors.
Aqua for All recently started a new programme in collaboration with the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs up to mid-2024. Under this ‘Making Water Count’ programme, Aqua for All operates in parts of Africa and South Asia. Our ambition is to achieve higher impact and to mobilise additional public and private investments for effective water and sanitation solutions.
We deploy our grant funding in selected innovative blended finance mechanisms, targeting local SMEs and Financial Institutions with the intention to enable access to safe drinking water and sanitation for low-income households. You can find more about our programme on our website: https://aquaforall.org/
To implement this programme, we are looking for a new colleague to join our team:
Innovative Finance Manager (32-36 hours/week)
You contribute towards structuring Aqua for All’s participation in selected blended finance mechanisms, linking our support to companies in scaling their initiative with investor’s requirements and you work side-by-side with programme managers in financially structuring such initiatives. Moreover, you build and manage relations with different stakeholders. This position is part of the Innovative Finance team and you report directly to the Managing Director. You are based at our office in the Hague.
- Work on innovative finance models and instruments for small and growing (social) enterprises to become financially sustainable and attract private capital to scale. These enterprises are active in the service chain of drinking water or sanitation. This includes:
- Working with investors on financial models to promote scaling of SMEs;
- Working with our programme managers and local representatives to promote scaling trajectories for these SMEs in our focus countries;
- Providing expert knowledge in transformation processes of SMEs.
- Stakeholder engagement: liaise with impact investors, financial structurers and our team to organise support in development of blended finance mechanisms, and actively engage with other funders, Development Finance Institutions, Family Offices etc. to support pipeline development.
- Business and Financial Analysis for designing technical assistance trajectories: Undertake business plan and financial model analysis of social enterprises to assess and design appropriate support trajectories toward investment readiness together with the regional programme managers.
- Demonstrable experience (minimum of 5 years) in impact investing and preferably experience in working in low/middle income countries in Asia and Africa;
- A Bachelor or Master degree in a finance & business related study;
- Experience in working with early-growth stage companies in developing countries (Africa and Asia) preferably in water or any other sectors is a plus;
- Hands-on mentality and excellent presentation and communication skills, written and verbal;
- Proven experience in building relationships and the ability to engage with different stakeholders (Foundations, Impact Investors, Development Finance Institutions etc.);
- Strong affinity with international development in general and the mission of Aqua for All in particular;
- Ability to work independently on deals with investors. You are able to conceptualise and implement concrete trajectories;
- Strong analytical skills, result-oriented attitude and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Ability to work collaboratively with others by demonstrating flexibility and openness to diverse approaches;
- Excellent proficiency in English and preferably also in Dutch.
- A multidimensional position in a professional and diverse team of 24 experienced colleagues based in the Hague and in a selection of the countries where we work;
- Responsible position with room for own ideas;
- Meaningful work in a dynamic international organisation;
- A 1-year contract with possibility of extension;
- A competitive remuneration following the salary scales of the Dutch government (‘CAO Rijk’). This position is a scale 10 – 11 position (depending on experience);
- For now, we need to work from home, but we hope we will soon be able to work from our great working space in The Hague again (Spaarneplein 2, near the Hague HS and 10 min walk from Central Station).
You can submit your application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Innovative Finance Manager’’ in the subject line and include a motivation letter and CV. Application deadline is 22 January 2021.
Are you Aqua for All’s new Communications Intern?
Our Communications team is looking for a Communications intern.
Working for Aqua for All means contributing to safeguarding sustainable access to water and sanitation for all, especially for people living on low incomes in Africa and Asia. Innovation, inclusion, and sustainability are at the heart of everything we do.
Who we are
Aqua for All aims at bridging the service and financial gap in the water and sanitation economy. We support water and sanitation enterprises and innovations in Africa and Asia to grow, scale up and become investment ready. We also mobilise public and private funds by de-risking investments in water and sanitation.
Who you are
- You are committed to supporting sustainable development
- You are willing to contribute to the overall Aqua for All communication efforts
- You are a University/HBO student in the Netherlands, preferably in the direction of Communications/Sustainable Development
- You have experience with social media
- You are a good writer who can communicate complex messages in a clear, appealing way
- You are proactive, well-organised and hands-on
- You can manage working for different projects at the same time and are a team player
- You are aware and respectful of intercultural differences
- You are computer savvy, know how to use services such as Mailchimp and/or Meltwater, and to work with CMS-systems – or you are a quick learner
- You are fluent in written and spoken English and can communicate at a professional level; proficiency in Dutch and French is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience with issues around water, sanitation & hygiene is a substantial plus.
What we offer
- The opportunity to gain experience and a network in a dynamic, international organisation
- Room for development and bringing new ideas.
- Working in a small international team
- A small intern reimbursement
- An internship for a minimum of six months, starting on 1 February 2021.
If you are interested, please send an email with your CV and motivation (in English) to:
- Janine de Laat, Communications Manager, Aqua for All: email@example.com and
- Blanca Méndez, Communications Manager, Aqua for All; firstname.lastname@example.org.
A writing example will be part of the selection procedure. You can find more information on our website: www.aquaforall.org