Last December, Aqua for All launched the ‘PME Performantes WASH-Climate 2.0 programme’ in partnership with ForthInvestment. Out of 36 applicants, ten small and medium- enterprises (SMEs) were o participate. The selection meeting took place in February in Burkina Faso and was attended by program partners IRC WASH Burkina Faso, Sinergi Burkina (I&P) and Société Générale Burkina Faso.
Find the selected entrepreneurs below:
- OASIS – Groundwater resources
- Sibdou Distributions Services (SDS) – Safe Water Enterprise
- Association Impulsion- Safe Water Enterprise
- Wendpouiré Vidange – Sanitation and revalorisation of human waste for bio charcoal
- Alpha Omega – Sanitation for clean and safe septic tanks
- APESI – Irrigation, solar pumps, and sanitation
- SEEPAT – Sanitation, boreholes and solar pumps for drinking water
- Solafrique – Irrigation and drinking water
- Cascade Forage Wend Konta – Drinking water through constructing boreholes and installing water towers
- Well Done Agrobusiness– Drip irrigation and hydroponic systems.
Six of them are based in Ouagadougou, three in Bobo-Dioulasso and one in Benin.
As a next step, ForthInvestment is carrying out diagnostics to develop tailored Business Development Support plans that include organisational and technical support and suggests seed capital allocation.
As part of the implementation of the PME Performantes WASH-Climate 2.0 programme, a “WASH Café” was organised on World Water Day 2023 (22 March). The workshop brought together 28 participants representing 18 SMEs that have participated in the previous and current acceleration programmes. The objective of the WASH Café was to create a network of entrepreneurs within the WASH sector. The meet-up created a space for sharing experiences and building synergies between the SMEs participating in both programmes.
Check out the Booklet of selected entrepreneurs