Puok District is only 19 km from world-famous Angkor World Heritage Site in Cambodia. The well-paved roads connecting both places are surrounded by trees and green fields. Houses and motorbikes give contrast to this otherwise primarily rural scenery.
Puok District is one of the twelve districts in Siem Reap Province and comprises 14 phums (villages). The district is also home to Pouk District Water Supply, a water station, that has been licensed to Khmer Water Supply Holdings (KWSH) since June 2014. From this station, KWSH offers affordable and clean water to over 5,300 rural households.
In 2020, KWSH was selected to participate in our SIINC for WASH programme. Read how we are supporting KWSH to increase its impact by connecting more households in poorer rural areas here.
Watch KWSH in action!
In this video series, KWSH employees explain how this station ensures access to safe water for rural households, from source to faucet:
- Chapter 1: Kia Sokim, Station Manager of Puok District Water Supply, gives us a tour of the station’s water treatment plant. He also explains the water treatment process, which starts at the raw water source and ends when safe water is distributed to rural households in Puok.
- Chapter 2: Ven Thean, KWSH Marketing Officer, tells us about KWSH’s awareness raising activities to promote clean piped water and to encourage households to connect to the system. We also learn about the back-office team’s operations.
- Chapter 3: Kia Sokim, Station Manager of Puok District Water Supply, shows us around the station’s warehouse and brings us to a house where the KWSH team is installing a household connection.
- Chapter 4: Kia Sokim, Station Manager of Puok District Water Supply, tells us about KWSH customer services and how household water meter reading is done. We also learn which options customers have to pay for their water bills.
- Chapter 5: Kia Sokim, Station Manager of Puok District Water Supply, explains how maintenance is organised within KWSH.
- Chapter 6: Kia Sokim, Station Manager of Puok District Water Supply, visits a client to learn about her experience with KWSH piped water connection.
You can also watch the full video, which is available at: Youtube