Project Maji introduces a novel blended-financed rural water delivery model, multiplying impact and driving sector change. In a 3-year programme, they will:
– Halve the price of their solar-powered water kiosks through value-engineering;
– Leverage economies of scale and install 34 kiosks, transforming over 40,000 lives;
– Introduce a blended finance model in which the capital investment is split 50/50 between a repayable loan and a grant;
– Water revenues will pay for O&M and pay back the loan.
– Reduce their donor dependency by 75% and challenge the status quo of rural water economics.
- Aqua for All
- Start date:
- End date: