Floods, droughts, coastal erosion
Floods and droughts also have a large effect on people, demanding for emergency relief, but also for prevention. There is a need for smart methods to cope with questions regarding water in disaster situations, such as water purification, distribution of clean water, sanitation. It also includes the need strengthen planning and decision-making instruments for emergency relief situations.
Do you know platforms or knowledge hubs you would like to share with us? Please let us know us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Platforms to gain or share ideas on prevention and coping with floods, droughts and coastal erosion
- This Toolbox comprises a description of tools developed by the organizations of the United Nations System. The Toolbox includes CASES of tools developed by other organizations and examples of application. Themes are Water Supply and Sanitation Services (including Hygiene); Water Quality and Ecosystems Protection; Water Resources Management: and Water related Risks.
- Over 50% of the world population lives in cities. More than two thirds of the world's largest cities are vulnerable to rising sea levels as a result of climate change. Millions of people are being exposed to the risk of extreme floods and storms. The goal of Connecting Delta Cities is to develop a network of delta cities that are active in the field of climate change related spatial development, water management, and adaptation, in order to exchange knowledge on climate adaptation and share best practices that can support cities in developing their adaptation strategies.
- PreventionWeb.net is a participatory web platform for the disaster risk reduction community. Our primary purpose is to facilitate an understanding of the subject of disaster risk reduction (DRR) and the work of professionals in this area by providing current news and views on the topic, and tools for exchange and collaboration
- ELRHA supports partnerships between researchers and practitioners to improve the effectiveness of humanitarian action
- The Climate and Development Knowledge Network (CDKN) aims to help decision-makers in developing countries design and deliver climate compatible development.