On May 30th, 2017, the first official Meeting of the Project Advisory Committee took place in Maputo.
Participants from AIAS, Maputo; World Bank Mozambique, BZRD Group, Netherlands, PCI Media Impact, Maputo, TU Delft/ViaWater Mozambique, Netherlands Embassy Mozambique as well as implementing partner Centro de Investigação e Transferência de Tecnologias para o Desenvolvimento Comunitário (CITT), a centre within the Ministry of Science and Technology of the Government of Mozambique and project staff watched a newly produced video giving an introduction to the project in 3 minutes. (This video can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUeGfcTvH7U&feature=youtu.be) followed by a presentation on the project characteristics, project progress and challenges as well as planning for the remaining implementation period.
The main focus of the meeting was to have a critical but constructive review and receive feedback on the project. This became a very vivid, fruitful and interactive part of the meeting where discussions focused around five questions:
1. Does the technology and design work?
2. Is the project moving too fast to the community?
3. How do you manage expectations in this community, considering the test setting?
4. Does the marketing of BSF toilets reach the people who are willing to pay for it?
5. How will you strengthen the research part of the project?
All the above questions will be taken up by the project and incorporated in the implementation planning for June 2017-December 2018.