The project lead, WASTE, represented by the project manager, Henock Belete, has done the first trip/mission to Ethiopia after the project is fully granted. During the mission the following goals have been achieved.
1. A local NGO, Bole Baptists, who can do the daily management of the project is selected and contracted.
2. A draft contractual agreement has been reached between Yassin Industries (local Manufacturer) and WASTE.
3. A technical institute, Technical and Vocational Education and Training Agency (TVET Agency), which can provide technical support in the product development has been selected. A contractual negotiations are underway.
4. A Steering Committee is formed. It is comprised of Bole Baptist, Yassin Industries, Adama TVET Agency and Aba Gedda Enterprise.
5. An SME, Aba Gedda Enterprise, has joined the steering group. Aba Gedda is interest is to perform the testing of and purchase the product