Aqua for All is a foundation working towards providing sustainable access to safe drinking water and good sanitation for all (Sustainable Development Goal – SDG 6) in Africa and Asia. With over 20 years of experience, we support local entrepreneurs on their scaling pathway by offering funding and access to the water sector expert network and to financiers and impact investors.
As we are strengthening our Management Team, we are looking for a:
36 hours per week – based in The Hague, the Netherlands
Aqua for All strives to create a sustainable and inclusive water and sanitation economy worldwide. We believe innovations, scalable solutions and access to capital are instrumental to overcome the current service delivery and finance gaps. Aqua for All bridges these gaps by supporting market-based solutions to become viable and to scale.
Since mid-2019, Aqua for All is leading the “Making Water Count’’ programme in partnership with the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which will last until mid-2024. The programme aims to achieve higher impact and mobilise public and private investments for effective water and sanitation solutions for low-income households. Under this programme, we deploy grant funding – amongst others – in selected innovative, blended finance structures targeting local SMEs and financial institutions.
We are looking for a dynamic candidate with a strong focus on knowledge and impact management, strategic collaboration and policy development. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in developing toolkits/metrics, knowledge sharing and facilitating partnerships. Additionally, familiarity with the water and sanitation sector would be a plus.
Your main goal will be to lead and develop a small team that supports the organisation in knowledge building and distribution, as well as impact management and reporting. You will have a hands-on-role in executing the unit’s assignments and developing trajectories to reinforce our impact. In addition, you will collaborate with other teams to enable innovation and market facilitation in the WASH sector with a strong climate and gender angle.
This exciting role includes the following responsibilities:
- Share valuable insights from Aqua for All-supported projects, to maintain and build institutional knowledge and to sustain our expert role.
- Develop practical toolkits to make knowledge and best practices (from both internal and external sources) accessible, supporting effective co-creation and decision-making.
- Act as expert in specific advisory trajectories and technical committees related to transactions, including work with impact investors and financial institutions.
- Develop impact metrics, measurement tools and methodologies to set standards for monitoring and evaluation.
- Support other teams in their aim for high impact and smart granting in the water and sanitation sector, including climate interventions and gender lens approaches.
- Facilitate the teams in their work with service providers, consultants, co-financiers and contract partners to align with our Theory of Change and our impact standards.
- Lead (impact) evaluations and field assessments.
Strategic collaboration and policy development
- Collaborate with market development and impact finance teams to develop standards aligned with industry best practices.
- Responsible for delivering right data for IGG accountability and providing the Communications team with appropriate information to support fundraising activities.
- Provide policy recommendations and practical technical guidance for grant allocation.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with preferred service providers, consultants, and knowledge networks.
- Share fundraising targets with other MT members, effectively communicating and translating them to the team for collective effort towards achieving our targets.
What you bring
- A Bachelor or Master degree in an impact or business-related study.
- 8+ years of experience in a similar role, including managing a team.
- Proven experience in knowledge management, impact measurement and programme management in water, sanitation and climate sectors.
- Expertise in water and sanitation value chains to drive impact and scalability.
- In-depth knowledge of climate issues, smart solutions, and their analytical assessment.
- Strong understanding of program management principles and the ability to foster a high-performance culture.
- Experience in developing impact measurement tools, setting standards, and utilizing data for decision-making.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills (English, preferably Dutch and/or other languages) to translate insights and engage with partners and stakeholders.
- Residence or working permit for EU countries and willingness to travel to developing countries.
- A position in a professional and diverse team of 30 experienced colleagues based in the Hague, Addis Ababa, Nairobi, Dhaka and Bamako.
- A challenging position with room for your own ideas and personal development.
- A one-year contract with possibility of extension.
- A competitive remuneration following the salary scales of the Dutch government (‘CAO Rijk’).
- A flexible workspace as we combine working from home and from our great office in The Hague.
Interested to apply?
You can send your application by email to: email@example.com. Please include “Lead Impact” in the subject line and share your motivation letter and CV. An assessment and interviews are part of the selection process (dates to be determined).