Code of conduct
Aqua for All’s Vision & Mission
Aqua for All’s vision is a world in which every human being has structural, sustainable access to clean water and good sanitation. We firmly believe that this world is possible and desirable. Our mission is to enable people to indeed gain access to safe water and good sanitation, necessities for a better future. Our focus lies with the people of the world at the Base of the Pyramid: those who most often lack that access.
Integrity is at the heart of our organization. This includes integrity of employed, contracted staff (including external consultants) and voluntary staff as well as the integrity of local representatives. The organization is committed to maintain the trust by acting upright. Integrity means undiscussed, incorruptible, transparency and clarity upon motives and values. It is a criterion for a proper working organization.
The next standards, values and principles of honesty, integrity and respect for people apply for Aqua for All as an organization and as involved people:
- We take care of our partners and we deliver the highest possible quality, fairly and ethically.
- We take responsibility for our employed, contracted and voluntary staff and we are committed to inform and support them in the best way possible.
- The voluntary staff is expected to contribute according the following statement: voluntarily is not without engagement!
Expectations of contracted staff, volunteers and local representatives
- Integrity, supervised by the project coordinators and the managing director.
- Respecting culture and customs, keeping up the dignity of all, and refraining from any discrimination and misuse of power.
- Active avoidance of conflict of interest, related to additional jobs/employments or to business and of financial issues of oneself or any other person. An expert who is employed by another organization is obliged to inform the employer in advance about the activities for Aqua for All.
- No acceptance of rewards, services or presents of over € 50,-.
- Assets and resources (including information) of Aqua for All and clients or partners, will be used cautiously and for legitimate work purposes only.
- No acceptance of offer, pay, demand separate from contract, or acceptance of bribes.
- When a contact through the Aqua for All website or other expert mediation from Aqua for All has led to an advisory job, Aqua for All will be informed, specifying whether there is remuneration and whether there is a role to be played by Aqua for All.
Examples of inappropriate behavior
- On a trip an expert takes a suitcase filled with seeds, which he sells at the destination (mingling the Aqua for All activities with own commercial activities).
- Arranging a number of internships at a “friendly” company in order to provide scarce workers.
- Spending time on acquisition for himself or any other person during an activity for Aqua for All
- Working hours are used for private goals.
When in doubt, the management will be consulted.
Consequences of inappropriate behavior
- When under suspicion of violating this code, the management will approach the party involved.
- If necessary, the management will adjourn any relationship with the party involved.
Code of conduct, Aqua for All (Expert form 2B. Version 2009)