Mission & vision
Our mission: Aqua for All aims to facilitate sustainable access to water & sanitation by supporting innovations and scalable solutions. We connect relevant stakeholders, work in strong partnerships and provide required funding.
Our vision is a world in which every human being has structural, sustainable access to clean water & good sanitation. We firmly believe that this world is possible and desirable. Our focus lies with the people at the Base of the Pyramid: those who most often lack that access.
Why focus on water and sanitation?
Ensuring access to clean water and good sanitation is step one in empowering people with the ability to improve their lives.
What is the Base of the Pyramid?
All our common efforts are, in the end, aimed at the people at the Base of the Pyramid (also called ‘BoP’). Who are they?
- They are the approximately 4 billion people on earth who live on less than $ 2,50 a day. This means they’re not just the poorest, but also the largest socio-economic group on the planet.
- Of all the world’s inhabitants, they have the least opportunities and resources to realize their human potential for their own benefit, that of their families and that of society at large.
- BoP communities are excluded from the modernity of our civilized societies, including consumption and choice, as well as access to organized financial services.
- Even though they are typically ignored as viable markets or sources of production, they represent huge potential as consumers and producers.
- Companies are increasingly discovering BoP communities to be good business partners and innovators. Co-creating businesses and markets can mutually benefit these communities and the companies which invest in them.